What are Teachers Reading?
Teachers in The Study of Early Literacy (SOEL) 3 are reading Write Now! Empowering Writers in Today's K-6 Classroom by Kathryn Ganske. With a focus on writing instruction, Write Now! details:
- What writing instruction should look like in the age of high standards
- The power of mentor texts to teach narrative and informational writing skills
- Strategies for teaching argumentative and persuasive writing
- Vision, choice and identity in motivating writers
- Multi-genre projects to integrate social studies and science
Upcoming Literacy and Technology Professional Learning
March 22 at Huron High School, Ann Arbor
Hosted by the Inquiry into Disciplinary Literacy and Learning teacher network- all are welcome!
*THIS IS RESCHEDULED FROM DECEMBER 14th.
Learning with technology doesn't happen because a specific tool “revolutionizes” education. It happens when proven teaching strategies intersect with technology tools, and yet it's not uncommon for teachers to use a tool because it's “fun” or because the developer promises it will help students learn.is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Michigan. She is the author of several books, and the creator of the Triple E Framework for effective teaching with digital technologies.
SUMMER PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
SAVE THE DATES