Friday, December 16, 2016
Monday, December 5, 2016
Holiday Gift Guide: Build a Children's Book Library in Every Room!Share with parents the importance of books in the home!
Scholastic Reading Club editors created a “top book picks” list for every room in the home and every age group from ages 0-17.
Share this holiday gift list to help find the right book for every child. Happy Holidays!
- 0-5 years: How to Dress a Dragon by Thelma Lynne Godin, illustrated by Eric Barclay
- 6-8 years: Goodnight, Grizzle Grump by Aaron Blecha
- 9-11 years: Jingle by Gordon Korman
- 12-14 years: Camp Midnight by Steven T. Seagle, illustrated by Jason Katzenstein
- 15-17 years: Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjaamin Alire Sáenz
- 0-5 years: Over the River & Through the Wood by Linda Ashman
- 6-8 years: Too Many Toys by David Shannon
- 9-11 years: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: The Illustrated Edition by J.K. Rowling
- 12-14 years: Ghosts and Sisters by Raina Telgemeier
- 15-17 years: The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- 0-5 years: Penguins Love Colors by Sarah Aspinall
- 6-8 years: Lego Pop-Up by Matthew Reinhart
- 9-11 years: Gaming Live! by Scholastic
- 12-14 years: The World of the Hunger Games: The Official Coloring Book by Scholastic
- 15-17 years: Shadowshaper by Daniel José Older
- 0-5 years: This Little President by Joan Holub; illustrated by Daniel Roode
- 6-8 years: Fly Guy Presents: The White House by Tedd Arnold
- 9-11 years: Cleo Edison Oliver, Playground Millionaire by Sundee T. Fraizer
- 12-14 years: Geek Girl: Picture Perfect by Holly Smale
- 15-17 years: In the Country We Love: My Family Divided by Diane Guerrero & Michelle Burford
- 0-5 years: There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey! By Lucielle Colandro, illustrated by Jared D. Lee
- 6-8 years: Judy Moody and Stink: The Wisbone Wish by Megan McDonald; illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds
- 9-11 years: Save Me a Seat by Sarah Weeks and Gita Varadarajan
- 12-14 years: Getting Over Garrett Dulaney by Abby McDonald
- 15-17 years: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- 0-5 years: Pigeon Needs a Bath! By Mo Willems
- 6-8 years: There’s a Zombie in My Bathtub by Henry Winkler and Lin Oliver
- 9-11 years: Captain Underpants and the Tyrannical Retaliation of the Turbo Toilet 2000by Dav Pilkey
- 12-14 years: The Fashion Book by DK Publishing
- 15-17 years: Trapped by Michael Northrop
- 0-5 years: If You Give a Mouse a Brownie by Laura Numeroff; llustrated by Felicia Bond
- 6-8 years: The Cheese Experiment by Geronimo Stilton
- 9-11 years: Pie by Sarah Weeks
- 12-14 years: The Omnivore’s Dilemma for Young Readers by Michael Pollan
- 15-17 years: Relish: My Life in the Kitchen by Lucy Knisley
Upcoming Professional Development
**This is in support of Essential #3 of the Essentials of Instruction in Early Literacy
Click title for flyer
February 23: Research Writing Re-Wired with Dr. Troy Hicks
*For secondary teachers of all subjects. Click title for flyer.
March 6, 7 and 21: Reading Apprenticeship 3 Day Workshop
* Open ONLY to Washtenaw and Livingston County. Click title for registration.
SAVE the DATE: March 23- Reading, Writing, Speaking and Thinking Within the Disciplines with Releah Lent. Registration to come!
****For registration help, please contact Teri May at 734-994-8100 ext 1222 or email@example.com****